GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
This information concerns the protection of your personal data. These are the data with which you can be identified directly or indirectly: your first name, last name, e-mail address, IP address, ...
We collect personal data when:
- you surf on the pages of Meteo Belgium. In your browser they start with https://www.meteo.vlaanderen or https://meteo.vlaanderen. When a link takes you to another website, a portal site, an online application or a social network, the terms and conditions for the processing of personal data of those services apply.
You are protected based on:
- the European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (entered into force on 25 May 2018) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
Legal basis and purposes of the processing:
We collect and process personal data to:
- inform you.
- answer your questions.
We collect and process data to:
- for statistical and qualitative purposes.
- improve our services.
Personal data is automatically collected and processed in this situation:
|Situation||Collected and processed data|
|You consult one or more pages||IP-address|
Data that is not of a personal nature is also collected automatically without a link to your IP address and therefore with respect for your anonymity. They are used to compile statistics and to improve the content of the portal site:
- keywords used;
- website through which you came;
- pages consulted;
- consultation duration per page;
- list of downloaded files;
- date and time of access;
- browser used;
- platform and operating system installed on your computer.
Cookies are small information files that are automatically stored on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website and that contain a unique identification number.
These cookies make it easier for the user to visit and surf the website in question. They also ensure that the website's speed and usage efficiency increase. They also serve to adapt the website to your personal preferences. Cookies also allow to analyze the use of a website with the aim of identifying and solving any problems.
The data is kept for a period that is no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
Meteo Belgium guarantees the security (integrity and confidentiality) of your personal data. They are protected against, among other things, unauthorized access, unauthorized use, loss and unauthorized changes.
To do this, we use security techniques and procedures that we do not describe in detail here for security reasons.
Appropriate measures are taken on a physical, technical and organizational level to guarantee a safety level that is adapted to the risks.
Right of access, rectification, restriction of processing, objection and deletion:
You have certain rights with regard to the personal data we use: the right to access, the right to rectification, the right to object and the right to have data erased.
We will process your request within 30 calendar days. If your application is complex or our services have to process many applications, the term will be extended by 60 days.
To exercise your rights, please send an email or letter to our data protection officer, along with a scan or copy of your ID, including your signature.
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- By letter:
8730 Oedelem (Beernem)
If you believe that Meteo Belgium has not processed your personal data in accordance with the applicable regulations, you can submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority:
E-mail: [email protected]